CHANGES TO CHILD PROTECTION IN EDUCATION 2015
Primary school children at risk of radicalisation by extremists.
As fears increase around this form of exploitation and grooming of young children Primary ICT Support have developed a solution for schools.
From the 1st July 2015, the UK Government passed new legislation, the Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015. The legislation established a statutory duty of care, the Prevent duty, for all UK educational establishments to ensure that they are taking proactive steps to identify any students who may be at risk of being drawn into extremism or influenced by the processes of radicalisation. In addition, it aims to ensure that the necessary strategies are in place to provide early intervention.
Schools will now be expected to demonstrate a culture of vigilance. Leaders will be tasked with overseeing the safe use of technology and expected to take immediate action if they are concerned about a child’s well-being.
THE SOLUTION – WE CAN HELP YOUR ESTABLISHMENT BY…
- Using the latest in cloud technology, we have created a dynamic and intelligent active monitoring solutions that can support your school in safeguarding your students and ensuring that you are fulfilling your statutory obligations under the Prevent duty. Our software solution ensures that leaders can oversee the safe use of technology when children and learners are in their care.
- The software displays problematic activity or behaviour and advanced incident management, it also ensures that safeguarding managers can easily identify potentially concerning incidents in the e-learning environment and take action immediately.
- Captures and alerts teachers to any harmful digital content, activity or behaviour.
- Sophisticated reporting module that identifies potentially harmful digital activity.
- A radicalisation module developed with multi-agency support and updated on an ongoing basis.
- Profiles trends and behaviours helping staff to form successful safeguarding strategies based on real knowledge.
- Advanced incident management means that staff can identify and focus on more vulnerable children and learners.
- Supports institutions compliance with the Prevent duty.
- Encourages and shapes responsible behaviour in the digital world.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR INSTITUTION FROM…
- Peer-to-peer cyberbullying.
- Instances of grooming including radicalisation and sexual threats.
- Inappropriate or harmful behaviour on social media apps
- Exposure to racist, homophobic or extreme language.
- Inadvertent exposure to inappropriate web content such as sex, violence or radicalisation.
- Deliberate access to inappropriate web sites.
- Accessing online gambling and shopping sites.
- Alerts institutions to real world issues that young people may be experiencing e.g. domestic violence, neglect etc…
COMPLETE DEVICE COVERAGE AND PROTECTION…
The “prevent duty” reinforces existing duties by sharing understanding of the risks across the country. What are you doing to protect children at risk of radicalisation?If you like to find out more about how we can help you to safeguard your students and fulfil your statutory obligations in relation to the Prevent duty please contact us.